Most SEO Consultants act in the same way as an ordinary business consultant. Their main role is to provide expertise and knowledge supplying a group of tasks to support companies in achieving good search engine positioning.
The client may receive free information, the client should not feel that their time has been wasted by the consultation period with details though interesting for the consultant which will disinterest the client.
The techiques used by SEO consultant are in the main dicussed on this site and in the most part deliver what the client expects. The key part of delivey is managing client expectation.
A good SEO Consultant will obviously be able to offer you technical insight at the highest level, what is more important however, is in a way that makes it relevent to you business as the SEO consultant has the clients brand in his hands.
Below is a list of key items to look for in an SEO consultant:
• Always check that the sales person is fully aware of the SEO sales cycle and the requirement – it may sound obvious but good quality SEO is a balancing act however, it is generally common sense.
• Look for successful Google page one client campaigns - if that is what is required, for good quality and difficult keywords . SEO Services Now - [sales banter mode off] have achieved that and are willing to provide the contact and references to back this up - also ask them over what timeframe they achieved their client goal .
• Ask for free information, Good SEO consultants should be happy to do this but it wont be the whole requirement.
• Do not be scared to ask anything as a reputable SEO consultant should be able to answer without fuss.Ask what they do to achieve the goals.
• Check for competition in that arena -compare SEO consultant prices – some are very expensive.
• Look at contracts that are less than a year with performance related targetting also look at easy termination on lack of success, look for non-compete clauses also.
• Primarily check out the SEO consultant throughly, it is a long term strategy as maintenance is part of the requirement – this is not a one off agreement and you should steer clear of any SEO consultant that suggests otherwise.
This is an easily measurable service any creditable SEO consultant should bring the expected results, the difficulty is finding that person in the first instance.
SEO Services Now the company to choose to provide your next seo consultant.
Saturday, July 2, 2011
How can a good SEO consultant achieve your requirement?
Labels: blog, business consultant, business consultants, business today, client expectation, consultants work, consultation period, delivey, disinterest, free advice, inducement, information overload, search engine positioning, seo, technical detail, technical jargon